Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catherines 2012 resolutions

I don't usually make New Years resolutions. Okay let me rephrase that...I don't usually accomplish my New Years resolutions. But last year I posted mine on here and taking a look back, I am dang proud of myself. I accomplished at least a few! 


Let me remind you of those... 
Catherines 2011 resolutions
I think my attitude was positive more frequently, and instead of 15 lbs to lose, I only have 7 to get rid of now. Ive been writing in my journal religiously, and reading the Book of Mormon. The one resolution I wont mention, had something to do with not shopping so frequently at H&M, but remember....we weren't going to talk about it. So there you have it. I can plan and succeed. I can strive, persevere and conquer. I am superwoman. 


Okay,  this is getting out of hand, im taking two steps back, removing my crown and making my new 2012 list. Actually on second thought, the tiara looks really good and I type more royally in costume, so here we go!...


Catherines 2012 New Years Resolutions 


1. Get rid of these last few lbs. They have been holding me back from sporting really cute sundresses and spandex bike shorts. Oh, bike shorts aren't in fashion anymore? ...okay. 

2. Stay connected with my lovely friends. And that doesn't mean just texting and facebook. Even though their fb status just told me that they were having a ham sandwich for lunch, sometimes I will need to enjoy a ham sandwich in their physical PRESENCE. 

3. Make a conscious effort to be more domestic. I'm slowly realizing that I will need to provide something edible  for Mr. Buhler in 4 months. If a prayer before every meal preparation is necessary, so be it. 

4. Grow out my hair. When I was in elementary school,  my hair used to be long and fell in lovely wavy curls. As I grew up, I chopped it, dyed it, styled it, and continually kept cutting it. Ive had it at about this length for a good 5 years and im needing a change. Long, and hopefully curly hair will be in my future.

5. Try new things more often. I am somewhat a creature of habit. I shop at the same stores, I buy the same products, I enjoy the same kind of books. No more. 2012 is going to bring a whole new Catherine. I vow to casually stroll through Anchor Blue and Windsor in the mall every now and then, use dove soap instead of the generic brand, and check out a mystery novel instead of my usual drama/romance category. Oh my. All this change talk is giving me heart palpitations. 

6. Manage my stress. On a overloaded day of errands, clients, and gossipy coworkers, I frequently turn into a big ball of anxiety. In 2012 I am going to find ways to cope with the craziness in a healthier attitude. Lighting a scented candle, going for a walk or getting a massage. Oh yes, in order to manage my stress I will need to be rubbed from head to toes. What a great reason to get pampered. This year is going to be amazing! 



So there you have it. My resolutions. Get fit, grow some strands, cook a casserole, chat with a BFF, try tofu instead of chicken, pamper instead of stress. These are totally conquerable! In fact, im not even overwhelmed. At least I don't have to add quit smoking or drinking to my resolution list. I'll drink to that! Martinellis of course...Happy New Year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment