Thursday, May 19, 2011

Who's blues clues?


I am a Nanny, Monday-Friday. With that comes some moments where I think to myself..."I have read more doctor seuss this month than The book of Mormon." or... "I have missed the last 3 episodes of the Bachelor, but I have caught every days roll of Dora the Explorer". And let me tell you, kids television programs aren't what they used to be. (Doug and Rugrats, anyone?!)

There is a special program that my little tykes watch that I don't mind seeing everyday. Maybe you have heard of the FRESH BEAT BAND? Let me give you a lowdown. It is a live-action musical sitcom set with original pop songs produced for Nick Jr. Stars Shout, Twist, Marina, and Kiki are the Fresh Beats, described as four best friends in a band who go to music school together and love to sing and dance. No really, those are theyre names...Shout, Twist, Marina and Kiki.


After watching it for a straight 6 months, I realized I enjoyed it. And then this very special segment aired. And you know how much I love my Bieber.



I can't tell you exactly why I like this bunch. Besides the fact that they keep the kids entertained until Cat can focus on something other than the neverending pile of laundry or dishes.

They dress the same every episode, they are way too happy for words, and they sing about everything. But I LOVE it. The last song they sing every episode is called "Great day". And after hearing this every day, I truly convince myself that it WILL be a great day. And guess what? It works. BTW- this will be stuck in your brain until the end of time.

And those Nickelodeon people really know what they are doing with that casting. These boys are easy on the eyes. A perk for mothers everywhere. Just sayin...



1 comment: