I have been a nanny for a year and a half now.
I feel like I have a teensy bit of child knowledge.
Let me share with you !
- If the house is quiet, something IS going on. And it is NOT good.
- You CAN, in fact, get permanent marker off a wall.
- The fellow parents at an AYSO game think they're kids are participating in the world cup.
- Nothing makes a migraine worse like the sound of trumpet AND violin practice...at the same time.
- One very vicious diaper can ruin your whole day.
- The sound of a nightly prayer given by a 2 year old can make you tear up.
- Theres never enough time in the day to do all the things you were hoping to accomplish.
- Dora the explorer can either be your best friend or your worst enemy, depending on what episode it is.
- Just because they have taken a shower does not mean they are clean.
- Some days, Popsicles and popcorn ARE a balanced and nutritious lunch.
- Bribing them with a 7-11 slurpee is sometimes necessary.
- You may have to brush up on your 6th grade algebra before you help with homework. You may have to go online to look up the answer.
- The 3 most precious words are "I love you".
- Its okay to want to shoot yourself before you read "green eggs & ham" ONE more time.
- There are ways of cheating in Candyland. And you WILL get caught.
- The naughty cuss word beginning with S , is "Stupid".
- The worst backseat driver comes in the form of a 10 year old.
- There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishments. FINALLY Telling time, using the potty, tying shoes...etc..make you feel like you have won the lottery.
- Its perfectly okay to have the family dog eat the spilled cereal so you don't have to clean it up.
- Siblings don't like to share. Unless its a secret. That, they DO enjoy sharing.
- Babies are like dogs, they can smell fear.
- Toddlers always wait until you are in a crowded area to have a full blown tantrum.
- You can never watch Toy Story TOO many times.
- Loving every second of their growing up process and rolling with the punches = priceless.
So glad i get to see these 5 little children grow up and experience life. Im so appreciative towards all the experience I am getting. Their innocence and pure genuine love excites me every day.
Mary Poppins aint got nothin' on me! BESIDES Bert... I gotta get me one of those.