Monday, April 1, 2013

Huntington botanical Gardens

On Saturday Peyton surprised me with a day date. He told me the whole week to leave a few hours open on Saturday so he could take me somewhere. I kept guessing the whole week on where we would be headed. I thought he was taking me golfing, I thought we were going to Universal Studios, I thought maybe it would be a hike...I had no idea. So on Saturday he said "Our date will be outside, but will not be physical." So...that took hiking and golfing out of the list...When we were driving to the date he even faked like he was taking different exits! That silly man. We ended at our destination, the Huntington library and Botanical Gardens in San Marino! It was on my bucket list. I hadn't been there since I was a little girl and I wanted to go back. I was so excited to be there because everything was in bloom for spring! There were a million people but it was such a beautiful day! 

If you have never been to this place, I definitely recommend it. The grounds are pretty big and you could explore for hours. They have a japanese garden, complete with Zen garden and bonsai trees, even a bridge with koi fish. 






They also have a fun desert area where there are millions of cactus! It was incredible. I felt like I was in a dream, or walking in Arizona. 




They also had a rose garden and the library buildings that had famous art and sculptures but we forgot to take pictures of that. Seriously we could have spent 3 more hours there and still not have seen all of it. 




We ended the day sitting on a beautiful lawn in the sun and had a really great talk. It was the perfect spring Saturday and I am so glad that I have a Husband who thinks of fun things for us to do. 
But seriously... I still want to go golfing. 


1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who would love that place! I'm betting my mom would too.

    ReplyDelete