Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rudolph



Our family really enjoys tradition. We thrive on it. And Christmas is the perfect time to feed our pleasure. One being Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer. Now let me explain...It involves scotch tape, rudolph ears, and a red pom pom. Every Christmas Eve the children parade around in this simple costume while singing the lovable hymn.

After 21 years of doing this dance, I decided this year I was going to put my foot down. The rules have changed year to year on how old you have to be to be in able to be exempt from this ridiculous activity. I wasn't having any of it. I am no longer a reindeer. I am a innocent bystander. And it was GLORIOUS. I admit, I feel a little sad I no longer have to be embarrassed for my parents enjoyment, but it was fun while it lasted. And you can BET my kids will be wearing that pom pom till they are 21.

Christmas 1982 -
The kids in this picture now have their own kids that are doing the dancing.
Christmas 1996
Christmas 2004
Christmas 2010





Now I have to figure out how to explain this tradition to my future husband...god bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment